Comments Welcome

Please leave a comment! I'm interested in knowing who my readers are and which poems are most meaningful to you! Thank you!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

In Your Presence Is Fulness Of Joy!

Psalm 16


A Poem by David.





16:1 Preserve me, God, for in you do I take refuge.

16:2 My soul, you have said to Yahweh, “You are my Lord.

Apart from you I have no good thing.”

16:3 As for the saints who are in the earth,

they are the excellent ones in whom is all my delight.

16:4 Their sorrows shall be multiplied who give gifts to another god.

Their drink offerings of blood I will not offer,

nor take their names on my lips.

16:5 Yahweh assigned my portion and my cup.

You made my lot secure.

16:6 The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places.

Yes, I have a good inheritance.

16:7 I will bless Yahweh, who has given me counsel.

Yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons.

16:8 I have set Yahweh always before me.

Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

16:9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my tongue rejoices.

My body shall also dwell in safety.

16:10 For you will not leave my soul in Sheol,

neither will you allow your holy one to see corruption.

16:11 You will show me the path of life.

In your presence is fullness of joy.

In your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

http://ebible.org/bible/web/Psalms.htm

No comments: